L-INSIGHT will hold a seminar on cultivating the important skills for research management and how to effectively carry out research projects. This series provides opportunities to develop research management skills by reviewing one’s own experiences and those of other researchers.
Date13:00-17:00, Friday, 14 February 2020
VenueAdministration Bldg 3F, B Cluster, Katsura Campus, Kyoto University
EligibilityThrough this seminar you will learn how to develop project management tools based on your personal strengths. Proven project management tools will give you an opportunity to effectively develop, plan and successfully complete your project.
(Qualification: Assoc. Prof, Assistant Prof and Postdoc)
Number of ParticipantsReasons for the application will be considered to select 12 participants.
Trainer/FacilitatorDr. Iris WIECZOREK, IRIS Science Management Inc.
- Basics of effective communication: tips & tricks of rhetorica
- Barriers to communication
- The effective preparation for important conversations/ meetings
- Small talk in an international setting
- Interacting in international teams
- Managing and developing (diverse/ international) teams
- Monitor yourself & practice!
OrganizerProgram for the Development of Next-generation Leading Scientists with Global Insight (L-INSIGHT Office)
Co-OrganizerCenter for Enhancing Next-Generation Research, Kyoto University(K-CONNEX Office)