Shun Hongo fellow will speak on HeKKSaGOn・L-INSIGHT Spin-off Programme, 2022 [HLSP] “Approaches in Environmental and Wildlife Conservation”.
Shun Hongo will participate as a main member of the HeKKSaGOn development program “Approaches in Environmental and Wildlife Conservation” to be held at Heidelberg University.
“Approaches in Environmental and Wildlife Conservation”
Environmental and wildlife conservation is an urgent but challenging issue and requires different approaches depending on the targets. In this seminar, speakers will talk about their environmental/ecological research conducted in aquatic, wetland and rainforest ecosystems and discuss how we can work toward conserving these systems. This seminar is organised by HeKKSaGOn German-Japanese University Alliance and L-INSIGHT.
[Date & Place]
– Date: 2nd November 2022, 14:00 – 16:20（CET）
– Place: Room 001 at the Centre for Organismal Studies (COS), Im Neuenheimer Feld 230, University of Heidelberg / HeiConf online
– Katharina Brotzmann (COS, University of Heidelberg)
“From laboratory fish to wildlife – Practical use of (zebra)fish research for environmental conservation”
– Shun Hongo (The Center for African Area Studies, Kyoto University)
“Linking scientific evidence with local practice for sustainable bushmeat management”
– Hjalmar S. Kühl (German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv))
“Effectiveness of protected areas and associated hunting in Africa and Europe”
– Jochen A. Müller (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
“Wetlands in Nigeria – ecological treasures with manifold anthropogenic threats”
14:00 – 14:05 : Someone from HeKKSaGOn: Opening (5 min)
14:05 – 14:30 : Shun Hongo (20-min talk + 5-min Q&A)
14:30 – 14:55 : Hjalmar Kühl (20-min talk + 5-min Q&A)
14:55 – 15:05 : Coffee break (10 min)
15:05 – 15:30 : Katharina Brotzmann (20-min talk + 5-min Q&A)
15:30 – 15:55 : Jochen Müller (20-min talk + 5-min Q&A)
15:55 – 16:15 : General discussion (20 min)
16:15 – 16:20 : Closing (5 min)